Francis Poulenc composed his Flute Sonata in 1957 and it is now perhaps the most widely played of all flute sonatas. It encompasses a wide range of moods, from a 'melancholic' first movement to a hauntingly beautiful Cantilena, and a playful and energetic Presto to finish. The sonata is very popular in recitals and the individual movements are often used as examination pieces.
- Accompaniment tracks to download and keep
- Recorded by a professional pianist
- Play anywhere offline, no subscriptions or ads
- Great for recitals & auditions, makes practising more fun!
- Helps you keep in time, and in tune!
- Thousands of satisfied customers from around the world
- Special Discount - Spend £20 ($27/€24) and get 20% off
- Scroll down ↓ for samples & details of each movement
Other works by Poulenc
Other flute sonatas